Tour of Britain final stage road closures
(header Image: SkodaKoM_McNally_1)
Cardiff will host the final stage of the OVO Energy Tour of Britain Cycle race this Sunday where the worlds best cyclist compete in a race to the finish outside City Hall in the Civic Centre at around 4pm.
During the eighth stage of the race, the cyclists will be travelling from Worcester and will enter Cardiff from the east. This will involve a rolling road closure from 2pm along:
- Wentloog Avenue
- Lamby Way
- Rover Way
- Ocean Way
- East Tyndall Street
- Herbert Street
All residents who live on roads which are affected by the race have been sent a letter about the road closures, advising them that these will be put in place from 5am in the morning but access will be maintained for residents up until the race begins at 2pm.
To facilitate the race the following roads will be closed from 5am until 8pm:
- North Road at the junction with Column Road. Access will be maintained for locations along North Road up until 2pm
- Corbett Road from the junction with Park Place/Column Road to the junction with North Road. Access will be maintained to Queen Anne Square via Park Place/Column Road
- Boulevard de Nantes. Access will be maintained for buses and vehicles to Greyfriars Road
- Kingsway southbound at the junction with Greyfriars Road.
- Dukes Street and Castle Street
- Cowbridge Road East at the junction with Cathedral Road/Lower Cathedral Road
- Westgate Street. The bottom end of Westgate Street will be closed but access will be maintained in and out from the north until 2pm but there will be no through traffic from 5am until 8pm
- Quay Street and Womanby Street. Access will be maintained to the car park up until 2pm
- Guildhall Place, Wharton Street and Bakers Row. Access will be maintained up until 2pm
- Golate Y Gwter. Access will be maintained up until 2pm
- Tudor Street at the junction with Clare Road/Clare Street. Access to Tudor Street will be maintained
- Wood Street
- Park Street and Scott Road. Access will be maintained up until 2pm.
- Havelock Street
- St Mary Street at the junction with Wood Street and at the junction with Tresillian Way
- Caroline Street
- Penarth Road will be closed at the junction with the Network Rail Car Park Exit. Access will be maintained for Saunders Road
- Customhouse Street. Access to be maintained for vehicles using Mill Lane
- Tresillian Way to be closed at the junction with Penarth Road/Dumballs Road
- Callaghan Square and Hope Street
- Bute Street at the junction with Bute Terrace to the junction with North Church Street. Access will be maintained to John Street via Bute Terrace
- Tyndall Street. Access will be maintained to Schooner Way and Ellen Street via Central Link and East Tyndall Street
- Herbert Street
- Lloyd George Avenue. Access will be maintained up until 2pm
- Vellacott Close, Letton Road, Silurian Place, Glanhowny Close and Ffordd Garthorne. Access will be maintained via Lloyd George Avenue up until 2pm
- Hemingway Road will be closed at the junction with Schooner Way to the junction with Bute Street. Traffic on Bute Street will be allowed to exit southbound via West Bute Street using a STOP/GO traffic management system
- Pier Head Street at the junction with Caspian Way/Falcon Drive to the junction with Bute Place. Access will be maintained to Bute Place/Britannia Quay/Harbour Drive
- Bute Place at the junction with Pier Head Street to the junction with Bute Street/James Street.
To set up and take down the infrastructure for the event, there will be road closures in the Civic Centre from midnight on September 9th until 9pm on the 10th September.
This will involve the following roads being closed:
- Museum Avenue
- City Hall Road
- King Edward V11 Avenue
- College Road
- Gorsedd Gardens